The AFSMS is a Registered Charity that aims to improve the health of pregnant women and their babies through research and training in fetal medicine and fetal surgery.
With the support of an international group of experts, an educational program both for healthcare professionals and parents and a series of certificates of competence in different aspects of fetal medicine and surgery have been introduced.
Our mission is to:
1- Support research and training in the following aspects:
• Early diagnosis of fetal abnormalities2- Encourage favorable pregnancy out come.
• Screening for chromosomal defects
• Development of safer techniques for prenatal diagnosis
• Intrauterine fetal surgery
• Prediction and prevention of stillbirth
• Prediction and prevention of pre-term birth
• Preeclampsia and fetal growth restriction
• Problems of multiple pregnancies